25 Easy Breakfast Ideas

25 easy breakfast ideas:

#1 Mixed grain bread with a little almond butter, sliced banana, raisins on top, and a sprinkling of cinnamon; serve with a glass of low fat milk.

#2 High fibre cereal, topped with mixed nuts, dried fruit, and a small glass of calcium fortified soy milk.

#3 Natural yoghurt mixed with a chopped apple, berries, and whole grain cereal; served with 100% whole orange juice.

#4 Healthy granola bar, one orange, and a glass of low fat milk.

#5 Whole wheat English muffin, toasted and thinly spread with reduced fat cottage cheese, topped with sliced pineapple; serve with a glass of 100% whole fruit juice.

#6 Natural yoghurt, topped with mixed berries, a teaspoon of ground flaxseeds, a slice of whole grain toast; and a cup of green tea.

#7 Swiss muesli - combine 2 cups of rolled oats, and 1 cup low fat milk or fruit juice, cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning add 2 grated apples, 1/4 chopped hazelnuts, and 200g of low fat honey yoghurt, mix well (serves 4).

#8 Whole wheat English muffin topped with melted reduced fat cheese, a sliced tomato, and a sliced hard-boiled egg; served with a small glass of 100% pure fruit juice.

#9 Scrambled egg, sprinkled with a teaspoon of ground flaxseeds; served with mixed grain bread, fresh fruit salad, and a small glass of low fat milk.

#10 Cooked oats topped with raisins, dried cranberries, sliced bananas, and calcium fortified soy milk.

#11 Brown rice or barley - cook the night before, then in the morning top with some raisins, sliced apple, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and a little reduced fat milk.

#12 Whole wheat pita half topped with grilled Canadian bacon, a little reduced fat cottage cheese, tomatoes, and mushrooms; serve with 100% pure fruit juice.

#13 Fruit smoothie – add strawberries, kiwi, and a banana to the blender, a cup of natural yoghurt, one teaspoon of ground flaxseeds, and a cup of crushed ice.

#14 Mini wheat cereal, dried fruit, mixed nuts, place in a plastic bag and eat on the way to work with a thermos cup of low fat milk.

#15 Breakfast burrito – scrambled eggs, chopped tomatoes, and a little grated reduced fat cheese, wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla, served with green tea and a slice of fresh ginger.

#16 Whole grain bread topped with kippers, or smoked salmon, and sliced tomatoes; serve with two small apricots, and a cup of low fat milk.

#18 Multi grain English muffin, toasted and spread with peanut butter, topped with sliced apples, and served with a small glass of calcium fortified soy milk.

#19 Multi grain cereal, topped with raisins, a sliced banana, and low fat milk.

#20 Healthy “blobs” – mix 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk, 3 cups crushed flake cereal, and 2 tablespoons honey. Form into “blobs” (should make 10). Wrap each blob in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Grab a couple with a travel cup of skim milk and go! (From Nutritionist Alana Unger)

#21 Whole wheat bagel topped with reduced fat cottage cheese, sprinkled with flaxseed; serve with a small bowl of mixed berries, and a cup of herbal tea.

#22 Scrambled tofu, with onions, and peppers, a dash of light soy sauce, and stir-fry with a little olive oil. Serve with whole grain toast, and a glass of calcium fortified soy milk.

#23 Sandwich made with lean ham or turkey, in whole grain bread, topped with sliced tomatoes, and a small glass of reduced fat milk.

#24 Mini whole grain bagel, topped with almond butter, sliced apples, and a glass of 100% whole orange juice.

#25 Sliced melon tossed in a bowl with the pulp of one passionfruit, topped with natural yoghurt, and a handful of muesli.

Quick High Protein Breakfast

If you’re really stuck for time in the mornings, here’s a short video on a super quick, high protein breakfast you might like to try:

So there you have it. Make you you’ve taken a note of what has caught your eye.

Note: Have you checked out the healthy breakfast resource? Check it out!

What are your healthy breakfast ideas?

Pages: 1 2

Tom March 26, 2008 at 9:57 am

I’m definitely guilty of skipping breakfast. I like the idea of a fruit smoothie though. Fruit is the only thing that I have ever really eaten for breakfast during the week. I definitely need to increase my fruit and vegetable intake, so I think I’ll give the smoothie a try. Thanks for the ideas

Alex March 26, 2008 at 10:02 pm

Oh, nice. Really I can’t eat morning “like a king” my stomach isn’t ready for it. But I like your #3 and #6 breakfast ideas, I’d like to mix them :)

Melanie March 27, 2008 at 6:40 am

Hi Tom,

Yes a smoothie is a great option if you don’t like to eat too much, and it’s a good way of getting in a couple of fruit servings.

Hi Alex,

I used to feel like that in the morning too, now I’ve gotten used to eating at a similar time each day, and I couldn’t go without eating.

Christine March 27, 2008 at 7:17 am

I am definitely guilty of skipping breakfast. Basically I live on coffee until lunch (not good!). Glad I stumbled upon you, I just got all the ingredients for a healthy fruit smoothie. I just have to get up earlier to make it!

Elaine March 28, 2008 at 8:20 am

Great post. Tasty, fast and easy breakfast ideas plus you’ve presented 5 compelling reasons to not forgo this important meal. Recently at a dietitians’ conference I attended the keynote speaker (himself not a dietitian) stated one of his secrets to losing weight was to add breakfast to his daily routine. The other was to increase his activity by walking more. Just these two practices made a big difference.

I hope you don’t mind if I link back to your blog and this post in particular as part of my Nutrition Month features.

Cheers.
Elaine

ruth March 28, 2008 at 10:05 am

i LOVE breakfast, so it great to have some different ideas.

opal June 10, 2013 at 1:19 am

I hate this it sucks

Melanie March 28, 2008 at 10:58 pm

Hi Christine,

Thanks for visiting! Do you find you simply can’t face eating in the morning? A smoothie would be a good option if you’re not used to eating first thing.

Hi Elaine,

It’s great to hear about this gentleman’s success. This is what I always say, small changes, big results!

Of course I don’t mind, thank you very much!!

Hi Ruth,

I know, I love breakfast too. I do tend to stick to the same things though, I’ll have to take some of my own advice! :-)

Failingmemory March 30, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Most of those are pretty high carb. People who are diabetic or insulin resistant could not eat most of those listed. 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 18, 23, 24 (and number 7 is my favorite breakfast.) Those who are diabetic or insulin resistant *DO* need protein in the morning. ALl the rest are much better choices than sugary cereal and such. The whole wheat bagel I doubt since most often what’s labeled as whole wheat is just white with molasses added to darken it. Opt for whole grain instead. Tastes better anyway.

Like the site so far. Still poking around.

Melanie April 4, 2008 at 10:16 am

Hi Failing Memory,

They are intended to be suggestions only, it’s not possible to suit everyone’s individual health requirements.

It’s absolutely find for diabetics to have carbs foods, just as long as they moderate their portion size, and choose a high fibre version where possible.

You are right about the whole wheat though, whole grain is a much better choice.

diabetesman May 10, 2009 at 12:24 am

i know this is very important, thank you for remmaind me

diabetesman’s last blog post..Gestational Diabetes – Symptoms And Treatment

Frankie May 10, 2009 at 8:27 am

Hey-
My mom is on WeightWatchers. We thought smoothies would be a healthy breakfast. So I started makign smoothies made of milk, frozen berries, a banana, lowfat plain yogurt, and orange juice. We had those for a week and my mom gained like 5 pounds! We found out that smoothies AREN’T as healthy as we thought. She doesn’t have smoothies anymore. I don’t know if it was the way we were making them or if it was my mom. So, I am just saying that smoothies aren’t always healthy so be careful!!

Melanie May 12, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Hey Frankie,
That’s right. As with all foods you need to exercise moderation, obviously all foods have calories, which can lead to weight gain if the portion is too large, or it’s eaten too frequently.

may June 19, 2009 at 9:35 am

hi~
nice meet you
i’ m south korean, call me may(it is my english name)
I chanced upon your blog , search for ‘breakfast idea’
i want to tell you about korean breakfast style
many of koreans think that breakfast is very important too as of you
but changed of life style, people used to eat a toast or just cup of coffee.
and many old people eat still ‘hanjeongsik / Korean Table d’hote’

i prefer hanjeongsik also, but morning is so busy to eat that.

anyway i’m happy to wrote your bolog.^^

bye

Melanie June 20, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Hi May,
I’m interested in finding out about “hanjeongsik” – what is that?? :-)

may June 22, 2009 at 3:27 pm

hello ^^
Do you know “South korea”?
“hanjeongsik” is traditional menu in korea.
It’s consist of rice and soup,add to averagely five side dishs.
“hanjeongsik” is balanced diet in short.

Melanie June 22, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Hi May,
Sounds wonderful and very healthy! :-)

Vanessa August 25, 2009 at 3:38 pm

#22 is perfect! I’ve been looking everywher for a nice breakfast recipe for vegans, and I can’t wait to try this! :)

Melanie August 25, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Hey Vanessa,
Hope you enjoy!!

Gail April 26, 2010 at 7:52 pm

stoneage diet- bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Melanie April 26, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Gail,
Do you mean that’s the breakfast you enjoy?

Gail April 27, 2010 at 7:08 am

Thanks for reply
This is a diet to help CFS.
Dr Sarah Myhill’s website will give you the info.

Zdrowie i uroda May 8, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I have to change my habit and start eating breakfast

Melanie May 10, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Do it… eating breakfast is a great habit to have!! :-)

alli July 15, 2010 at 1:37 pm

very good ideas!! I was looking at all of the English muffin ideas so I toasted a English Muffin,1 slice of cheese, a a scrambeled egg w/ a glass of milk, very good!!!!! thank you for all the ideas.

Melanie July 16, 2010 at 8:18 pm

That sounds great!!

jemaya July 18, 2011 at 7:37 pm

i feel much better after ur terrific suggestions for breakfast. this had made my life easier other than coffee (my best friend)

justin July 18, 2010 at 4:50 am

all of these suggestions sounds great and im not a big breakfast person by the way and im pretty active on a daily basis and i was just curious how filling are these meals cause im a large guy 6 6 and 250 alotta of these kinda sound like snacks

melissa August 16, 2010 at 11:55 am

not that i do not want to eat breakfast, but i do not eat breakfast because i am bored with the usual food choices. thanks to this article, i would like to try these new variety for a change.

Melanie August 16, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I hope these suggestions help, Melissa.

Amy August 17, 2010 at 11:56 am

I’ve developed two food sensitivities in the last 5 years (gluten – which makes me break out in hives, and lactose – which causes severe gastrointestinal distress if it stays down) and none of these breakfast would do anything short of ruin my day. Guess I’ll stick with coffee and a spoonful of peanut butter.

Melanie August 17, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Hi Amy,
Have you tried something like millet for breakfast? That’s a good alternative to the traditional options.

Ashraf November 11, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Hi Milanie,

Thank you very much for the tips you give for a healthy life…

I would like to know more about how i can sustain a healthy and timely eating and the food i can try daily…

Thanks

Melanie November 13, 2010 at 10:31 am

Keep reading Dietriffic, Ashraf. I am always updating the site with healthy eating and lifestyle advice!!

Michelle December 1, 2010 at 1:26 am

I love your healthy breakfast ideas, but for someone with blood sugar issues a little more protein at breakfast is better. I know I am better off all day with protein in the morning. My kids love whole grain mix for porridge in the morning. Rolled oats, spelt and triticale flakes cooked up with a little vanilla tastes great and has more protein in it. The other thing we do is protein shakes. A good quality plant protein shake with a little fruit or banana and almond butter in it is awesome. One brand of shakes we have been using for 4 years now is the AwarenessLife Pure Trim Shakes. They are plant protein, low carb and sugar and have some beneficial herbs in them and tastes great! Smooth and creamy even just with water and ice blended with them.

Melanie December 2, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for sharing your higher protein breakfast ideas, that’s really helpful :-)

Tiffany January 27, 2011 at 2:41 am

Start your day off right with http://www.clearyourcells.com. A natural tea high in antioxidants. Better than Green tea. Try it today you’ll love it!!!

Alex@buffet in kl (40%) January 27, 2011 at 5:57 am

Your guidelines on healthy breakfast is simply superb! Interesting information on healthy breakfast ideas. Thanks for sharing & do keep posting such wonderful articles. I do agree that taking healthy breakfast helps in maintaining a healthy weight. I have personally experienced it.

carl swank January 27, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I enjoy eating pancakes,both buttermilk and buckwheat. I am considerable good health. I am a 67 male 5’6″. I also eat oatmeal and have a banana,along with orange juice. Sometimes I have 2 eggs. Is this an acceptable breakfast?

I enjoy eating pancakes for breakfast,

Melanie January 28, 2011 at 11:19 am

Hi Carl,
I occasionally have pancakes for breakfast, too. I think this is fine as long as it’s not too often. Remember, it’s what you do consistently that matters.

Mixing protein with carbs and a little fat is important for satiety at mealtimes. So just keep that in mind. For example, oatmeal with a little fruit and some crushed nuts and even a dollop of yoghurt would be a good option for breakfast.

Alex@florist kl March 1, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Simply great tips! Thanks for sharing it all. I would like to add that I love taking natural yoghurt mixed with a chopped peach, a handful of berries, and whole grain cereal, served with fresh pineapple juice.
It is really healthy and tasty too!

Melanie March 3, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Hi Alex,
Thanks for sharing your idea, a little handful of nuts or seeds would go great with that too, no?

Melanie March 3, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Hi Alex,

Albert@@spa in kl March 1, 2011 at 12:07 pm

To make my kids eat healthy breakfast is really very difficult since they always insist on burger and pizzas. I think your idea of eating whole wheat english muffin topped with melted reduced fat cheese, a sliced tomato, and a sliced hard-boiled egg simply sounds great. My kids will surely loved it.

Melanie March 3, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I hope so :-)

Thor March 11, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Hi, Melanie. I was just wondering if you could give me a good idea on a breakfast that does not exceed 500 calories and gives me all food groups. Thanks :)

Albert Lim@car hire kuala lumpur March 31, 2011 at 8:41 am

Having a healthy breakfast is really essential. It should consist of protein, healthy unrefined carbs and plenty of nutrients. And those who want to get rid of their excess weight will be happy to hear that protein will really help with weight loss. Keep up the good work!

misozi April 20, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Hi Mel
I would like your advise on how i can loose the weight that i gained after giving birth. i must confess i do eat a little bit more because of breast feeding.Please advise on a more nutrition but less calorie diet

Melanie April 22, 2011 at 8:30 am

Hi Misozi,
I written about a healthy diet for breastfeeding before, which you can find here. I hope it is going well with you, and your baby is healthy and happy.

hannah April 24, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I have to go to school at 6:30 every morning so this cite was a life saver from the all day hunger.

Melanie April 30, 2011 at 9:42 am

Wow… that is early, Hannah. I’m glad you found this article.

Phillip Schlueter April 30, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Melanie, when will you nutrition experts stop recommending consuming “Soy”? It is poison!! and should not be in our bodies in any but ferminted form! There are plenty of studies to prove this but soy is consistanly being promoted a good and it isn’t!!

Also, calories that you drink should be at a minimum and anything out of a can is suspect for the dreaded BPA’s which are killing us one sip at a time from drinking out of plastic containers and eating foods out of cans lined with plastic (which most are – at least in the U.S.).

Melanie May 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Hi Philip,
I appreciate your concern. But, saying it is a poison seems at bit out there, no? I wouldn’t recommend soy morning, noon and night, but I don’t recommend anything in excess. Do you think all soy is bad? What about edamame, miso, tofu and tempeh?

Abbas May 30, 2011 at 6:07 am

This is a great post ! I was telling my friends couple of days ago about my problems finding good options for breakfast until I stumbled upon your article here ! This is GREAT…keep it up Melanie…by the way, how about raw meat?

:) June 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm

hey i think u r weird

:) June 28, 2011 at 11:55 pm

im only telling the truth

Aria July 5, 2011 at 1:04 am

Two weeks ago I’ve changed the way I eat and I started exercising everyday(half hour on the treadmill and a ten-minute dance workout) and eating less. I’ve lost a few pounds the first week and the morning I weighed the second week I lost a few too. But that same night I weighed again and it was more. Did I make a mistake about weighing twice for that day or did I not lose any weight in the first place? Please help, some advice would be very well appreciated :)

Melanie July 27, 2011 at 8:51 am

Hi Aria,
I don’t recommend that you weigh more than once per week. Otherwise you will be getting inaccurate readings due to water loss/retention. Try making your measurements on the same day each week, first thing in the morning only, and that will give you a truer picture of how you are doing. I also recommend that you make measurements of your waist using a tape measure once each week too, because these tend to give a good idea of how your body composition is changing overall, which sometimes isn’t reflected using weighing scales.

Devi July 7, 2011 at 11:58 am

Wow! Your advice is slamming! I didn’t know that these simple and easy to make foods were so easy and delicious! Thanks again….YOU ARE THE BEST BLOGGER EVER!!

Melanie July 27, 2011 at 8:52 am

lol Devi… I wish!! But thank you.

Kelsey July 8, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Melanie,
I’m trying to lose a few pounds. Before, I would eat 2 or 3 of those microwave pancakes, or a pack of Poptarts. Lately, I’ve been eating things like bananas, yogurts, and whole – wheat toast, but it doesn’t fill me up, and I’m not a big fan of eggs or omelets. Any suggestions?

Melanie July 27, 2011 at 8:56 am

Hi Kelsey,
Have you tried adding a little natural peanut butter to your toast? You could sprinkle some nuts or seeds on top of your yogurt and fruit. An apple eaten with peanut butter is also good. The idea is to increase the protein content of your breakfast, so that you are feeling fuller without taking in too many calories.

Joe July 14, 2011 at 7:25 am

Hi Melanie, I’ve been having a helathy hi fibre cereal(Always different mixes) breakfast 7 days a week wih at least 2 cups of water. Even if Im late I just try and push in at least a glass nesquik but i cannot function properly without it. I got into the groove six years ago when i started weight training. I do some variety sometimes with eggs and toasted sandwiches. Ive also used my Meal Replacements shakes for breakfast once in a blue moon but i dont like to to put something so unnatural into my system 1st thing in the morning, it just dont feel right. Great blog sorry if i said too much but too many people out there underestimate the value of this meal.

Elizabeth July 20, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Hey! I just wanted to say I really like your breakfast ideas – they’re quick, easy, and, best of all, healthy! When it comes to breakfast, I’m not like most people. I just CAN’T skip it, and I often find myself guilty of over-eating (sometimes I even have three or four bowls of cereal!). I know this is a habit I need to break, so tomorrow morning I’m going to try one of your recipes, and also try to work on my portions. My biggest problem when it comes to a healthy breakfast is that I hate peanut butter, berries, and any kind of nuts, which is usually what people suggest. Plus, I am in LOVE with CARBS! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the ideas and I’ll be sure to try a couple out – maybe I’ll find one I like even better than cereal! :)

Neny Lily July 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm

My way of eating breakfast varies from my daily activities. When I have to stay home, I take light breakfast like toast bread and coffee. but if I have some schedule to attend, I make myself a heavier breakfast like fried rice and egg, and of course with coffee, and make an additional sandwich to carry along. Having read your column, I hope I can get some adjustment to my habit, if there is something that I should add or deduct.Thanks to you, I’ll keep on watch for every issue that you may have.

Melanie July 27, 2011 at 10:27 am

Thanks for reading and commenting, Neny.

Jae July 28, 2011 at 11:59 am

Hey um why can’t i find the next page? :s

Melanie August 4, 2011 at 9:59 am

Hi Jae and Supriya, thanks for pointing that out, the page is sorted now, I’m not sure what happened there.

Supriya July 28, 2011 at 12:28 pm

where is next page

Weird guy August 4, 2011 at 10:17 am

Cool ideas.

Sometimes I have weetabix and banana

——–
I got twelve inch rims on my chair, that’s how I roll y’all.

Melanie August 4, 2011 at 12:37 pm
Giusi August 31, 2011 at 4:47 pm

whole grain is not a healthy choice

Melanie September 6, 2011 at 5:55 pm

If you are trying to lose weight, yes, but for others, why not?

fiona September 8, 2011 at 3:49 am

i m a heart patient. what type of breahfast is good. i always drink 1 glass of grapefrit juice is it good.

Melanie September 14, 2011 at 11:40 am

Hi Fiona,
Most of the breakfast suggestions I’ve made above are a good choice. I would recommend eating 1/2 of a whole grapefruit rather than drinking the juice, however.

Twyla September 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I was looking for something different for my kids for breakfast and found your breakfast blobs. I used raisin bran instead of bran flakes because that’s what was in the pantry. :) I also used my Kitchenaid to mix everything. The cereal was finely crushed and well blended. Using my cookie scoop, the mixture was easily turned into little balls and then refrigerated. Just before serving, I sprinkled with organic cocoa powder. I called them breakfast candy and my kids ate them up! Thanks for a fresh idea for a healthy, EASY breakfast for my kids.

Melanie September 16, 2011 at 8:20 am

Hi Twyla,
That’s great to hear. I really love your idea of calling it breakfast candy. What a quick and easy breakfast, too :-) Thanks for your comment.

Rixsey September 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Hi! I dont have a lot of time in the morning to eat breakfast. I have to eat somthing that will keep me going from 6 AM to 11 AM. I am allergic to bananas and cannot eat mangos,apples,kiwi,peaches,tomatos. I have only 15 minuets to eat. Any sugestions?

Simone September 26, 2011 at 7:00 am

Your breakfast ideas look great! I was wondering if you have any suggestions on low calorie AND low carb breakfast. The only things I can think of is eggs!? lol

Melanie October 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Hi Simone,
Yes, eggs are number one!! Also, what about natural yogurt with crushed nuts and seeds on top? I know you said low calorie, but this is an excellent filling breakfast option, that will keep you going until lunch, and it’s perfect if you’re trying to lose weight.

Deana October 13, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Hey!! Love the ideas!!! My daughter is 12 and insulin resistant. This is difficult for anyone ESP. A child…. Can u come up with some good low carb breakfst ideas and post?? Sometimes she doesn’t eat due to lack of good choice this would be appreciated!! Ty so much…

Melanie October 20, 2011 at 8:06 am

Hi Deana,
I will try to get that article posted at the beginning of next week. Thanks for asking. I’ll let you know when it’s up.

madiha November 17, 2011 at 10:58 am

there is no next page:(

madiha November 17, 2011 at 11:16 am

ups, sorry, i found it

Melanie December 2, 2011 at 9:50 am
Glenn Ryall December 21, 2011 at 10:56 am

I suffer the same fate when i get up in the morning most of the time, what to eat thanks for making things more clearer.

The reasons of having breakfast were well put up as well loved them as well.

Melanie December 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Thanks, Glenn.

Steve January 6, 2012 at 8:55 pm

I try to run in the mornings early, so usually have a green tea and breakfast biscuit, run, then op up on eggs and wholemeal toast before work.

Keeps the hunger pangs away until about 11am, when its banana time. So almost there :) I’ve tried to get some fruit in at breakfast but I am a bit fan of my protein and stodge :)

Steve

Melanie January 10, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Hi Steve, I always find I can go so much longer without needing to eat, when I have eggs for breakfast. Sometimes I have porridge, which is also good, but it doesn’t keep hunger away for as long.

Chino January 29, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I’m a self train chef. Always looking for great info, and yours is an excelent source. I’m working on a new menu for my catering business. Your healthy ideas are great since I caterer to doctors offices and they always asked for healthy choices.
Thanks,
Chino

Melanie January 31, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Hi Chino, Glad you found the info helpful :-)

Janet February 1, 2012 at 7:20 am

Hi Melanie I’m always on the go, I have a bussiness me and my husband run were always late so we grab fast food , do you have any articles on healthies fast food ?

Melanie February 2, 2012 at 11:51 am

Hi Janet, I have this article on making healthier choices at the fast food restaurant. Also, have you tried bringing food with you, so that you don’t need to eat out so much? Is that a possibility? This article on using a snack box may be helpful.

Shammin February 16, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I just stumbled across this website while browsing quick healthy breakfast ideas.
I currently have a messed up sleep schedule (I’m having trouble sleeping at night at the moment), so i end up waking up at midday so i miss breakfast.
My husband finds it difficult to wake up in the morning to go to work, so as a result, he tends to sleep more and miss breakfast (but recently i have made him take breakfast with him).
These breakfast ideas sound really good and quick and i hope to start incorporating breakfast into mine and my husbands diets permanently because i know how important it is.
Thank you for the ideas and hopefully i will gradually make some changes!

Melanie March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Thank you Shammin, I hope these ideas help you both.

Shammin March 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I’m happy to say my hubby and I have breakfast every morning now! I started work recently (at a daycare centre) so I wake up early (and as a result I sleep very well because I’m tired from work) and breakfast is a must now! I just need to try to have different things for breakfast! Thank you again for reminding me of the importance of breakfast!

Melanie April 2, 2012 at 9:56 pm

You are welcome, Shammin. I’m glad you found this article.

Elisabeth March 28, 2012 at 8:59 am

Thanks for these ideas. I’ve been recently diagnosed as reactive hypoglycemic, so I need more protein in my diet than most people, including at breakfast. As much as I like eggs and (Greek) yogurt, it’s nice to have some other options. I can’t wait to try the breakfast blobs! :-)

Melanie March 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I’m so glad this article was useful to you Elisabeth.

fera April 1, 2012 at 3:12 pm

thank you!

Emily June 5, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Hi, was just wondering with the fruit smoothie, would 1 banana, 1/3 cup milk and a teaspoon of cinnamon be a healthy breakfast? I used to have them for afternoon tea as a child, so I was wondering if it would be healthy enough for brekky?
Thanks for the ideas!
-Emily

Melanie July 31, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Hi Emily,
That wouldn’t be a bad breakfast. Perhaps a little extra protein would be good, though, to keep you going longer, for example a handful of wholenuts along with that.

Piya October 26, 2012 at 6:00 am

Hello Melanie…
Just went through your site it looked intresting.. I’m not that over weight but would like you to guide me.. what best food should i take to loose weight…

Melanie October 26, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Hi Piya,
Thanks for your comment. I am actually doing a free weight loss video series at the minute, if you are interested click on this link.

p.s. You may have to opt in (enter email) to see it, but it costs nothing and is TOTALLY worth it.

Natasha November 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Hi Melanie
Is your next page showing 25 easy breakfast ideas still sorted out? I’m having trouble finding it now, where is the button to the next page?
I’ll keep looking and hope I find it anyway.
Best wishes
Natasha

Melanie November 1, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Hi Natasha,
The link is at the bottom of the article, but I’ve pasted it here for you: http://www.dietriffic.com/2008/03/26/25-easy-breakfast-ideas-for-the-bleary-eyed/2/

El November 2, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I have to get up every morning at 6AM and get ready to leave but i can never figure out what to eat for breakfast. Sometimes if I’m really desperate i will just have yogurt or a banana but that never keeps me full until 11:30. Any suggestions?
Thanks-El
(P.S my real name is not El)

Melanie November 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm

What about boiling a couple of eggs the night before, and leaving them in their shells in the fridge until you need them? Then just grab and go the next morning.

Rachel S. December 11, 2012 at 2:31 am

I make this all the time: #17 Homemade granola – mix 2 cups rolled oats, 1 cup of wheat cereal, 1 cup dried fruits and seeds, 1/4 cup of flaked coconut.
Yum! Thanks for the great ideas.

Mad Disaster February 2, 2013 at 4:57 am

Hi! I’m from India. I’m a 13 year old girl and I plan to lose some weight. I love your idea #3, but some berries I can’t find anywhere I go. Please tell me some alternatives.

Branko February 5, 2013 at 11:08 am

Hey,
thanks for the recipes. Since I eat the same stuff over and over for breakfast this will surely help me change it a little bit :).

Mary April 29, 2013 at 2:54 am

Thank you for the recipes. Any recipes for Breakfast, lunch and dinner for Lactating mother.I’m a working breast feeding mother and I really need your ideas and advise on this please.Thank you.

Sheila@Cialis June 20, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, that’s why even if I’m not really a breakfast eater I have to force myself to eat. These are great breakfast ideas that I can try.

http://magicofmakingupreview.myiway.com/ August 22, 2013 at 3:14 pm

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand.

It seems too complicated and extremely broad for
me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

homepage September 3, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find
It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back
and aid others like you helped me.

Barbara December 3, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I get extremely grumpy if I don’t have it! I’ve even gotten my roommate to finally eat breakfast after a year or two of trying.

SEO March 22, 2014 at 1:35 am

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may return once
again since I book-marked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change,
may you be rich and continue to help others.

magnesium die casting March 24, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Hey! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs!
Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all
your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!

網站行銷 March 30, 2014 at 5:20 am

Hi there, I do think your site could be having browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks
fine however, if opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues.
I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads
up! Apart from that, wonderful site!

Zachary April 21, 2014 at 8:04 am

Talk about break first i really love it, because it important all people know about it to take care our health. this article has good idea. i’m happy to follow this.

weight Loss April 22, 2014 at 5:41 pm

This is possible since the cleansing has reset the body and after the program, the person will continue with the old diet but this time
the body will react to the food causing an
allergic reaction. However, we can choose to detox the body at a weight loss retreat or detox
retreat and have a much better chance of losing weight
by getting rid of fat and keeping it off. Initially
the diet will get you to start losing weight quickly but eventually
your body will adapt.