Having a good stock of healthy snack ideas is critical if you want to be able to go from breakfast to lunch without eating junk.
Snacking is not bad, and hunger is not the enemy.
Loads of us feel the need for a snack between meals, myself included. You just need to ensure you equipped with some healthy snack ideas, and I hope to help you with that below.
Fuelling up regularly for many people, is a vital way to prevent binging on unhealthy foods and eating too much at main meals. Even if you’re trying to lose weight, there are plenty of healthy snacks for weight loss.
NOTE: I have a complete healthy snacks resource you should check out.
Healthy snack ideas: what’s the best option?
Preferably the snack should be something that offers a complex carbohydrate and a source of protein to keep you feeling sustained throughout the day.
Here’s a typical schedule you can rework to fit your daily routine:
- Breakfast at 8am
- Mid-morning snack around 10.30am
- Lunch around 1pm
- Mid-afternoon snack around 3.30pm
- Evening meal around 6pm.
With a schedule like this, your blood sugar levels are maintained at an even level, preventing ravenous hunger that often leads to overeating and poor food choices.
So if you’re after some healthy snacks for weight loss, or just some snack ideas, check these out…
25 healthy snack ideas…
1. 1 rye crisp bread with cottage cheese and a pinch of garam masala.
2. Small serve of tuna mixed with natural yoghurt and herbs, spread onto 3 celery sticks.
3. 4 carrot sticks, 2 cherry tomatoes, and 4 green beans served with guacamole dip.
4. 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce with 1 slice of wholegrain bread, toasted, and cut into 4 strips for dunking.
6. 2 multi grain crackers topped with a small serve of cheddar cheese and sliced green grapes.
7. 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds, 3 strips of red pepper, 2 thick slices of mushroom.
8. 1 small apple sliced, almond butter thinly spread on each slice, raisins sprinkled on top.
9. 1 oatcake with cottage cheese and fresh coriander.
10. A small serving of natural yoghurt with pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds, and a pinch of cinnamon.
11. 2 multi grain crackers topped with grated cucumber, natural yoghurt, and a sprig of mint.
12. A small bowl of frozen berries and natural yoghurt, topped with linseeds.
13. 8 cashew nuts, 3 carrot sticks, and 2 thick slices of cucumber.
14. A small cup of homemade vegetable soup.
15. 2 rice cakes spread with hummus, and topped with cherry tomatoes.
16. 1 rice cake spread with pesto, topped with a small amount of mackerel, and diced tomatoes.
17. A small bowl of natural yoghurt with 1/2 cup unsweetened granola.
18. 3 handfuls of unbuttered/unsweetened popcorn, seasoned with herbs.
19. 6 Brazil nuts, 4 small florets of broccoli, and 2 cherry tomatoes.
20. Small serving of natural yoghurt, with linseed’s, and a pinch of cinnamon.
21. 2 crisp breads spread with mashed avocado and a squeeze of lemon juice.
22. 2 multi grain crispbreads topped with salmon, cottage cheese, and herbs.
23. 2 small kiwis sliced, and 6 almonds.
24. 1/2 cup pure orange juice, frozen and eaten as sorbet.
25. 1 rice cake topped with a hard-boiled egg and mixed herbs.
What are your healthy snack ideas?