Do you often wake up feeling tired and wishing you could have had more sleep?
If you want to be more productive and resourceful throughout the day, the secret (oddly enough) is to spend more time in bed sleeping!
This will make sure your body functions at its highest level!
I know that after a good nights sleep it can make a world of difference to how I feel both mentally and physically.
Studies also suggest that poor sleep habits can lead to weight gain, and that’s not surprising.
What happens when you don’t get enough sleep? Do you reach for caffeine, sugary foods, or prescription drugs the following day?
Not exactly a recipe for a healthy lifestyle, is it?
So, in the interest of a healthier, happier, more productive you…
Today’s challenge is to get a good nights sleep
So, how many hours should you be aiming for?
It seems to vary from person to person, however it’s generally accepted that most of us need around 6-8 hours to function ‘normally’.
Experts say you’ll know you’re getting enough sleep, when you begin to feel alert throughout the day, and are waking up before your alarm each morning.
So here is your Five Step Guide on How To Get a Good Nights Sleep:
- Plan your day before you get into bed (to reduce thinking or worrying time).
- Get a sleep schedule – go to bed and get up at the same time, even on weekends!
- Aim for sleep in one continuous block, if possible. This way your body receives better mental recovery as it is allowed to reach a deeper REM sleep cycle.
- If you don’t sleep well try to make up for it the next night, rather than accumulating a sleep debt.
- Follow an active lifestyle, this will help you fall asleep quickly.
Check out how to improve sleep quality in 12 steps.
Do you have trouble sleeping properly? Will you consider taking time to plan for a good nights sleep tonight?