Do you spend most of your day indoors?
With our busy lives it can be difficult to find time to exercise.
But, if you want to lose weight, be in a better mood, and have more energy, exercise is important!
So, can you find more time to exercise?
Today’s challenge is to take a short walk
Often we confuse ‘exercise’ with going to the gym. But, if you’re new to exercise, or slogging away at the gym just isn’t for you, walking is a great place to start.
It’s also easily accessible, you can do it anywhere, anytime, and best of all it’s free!
6 ways to walk more today:
- Walk to, or from work
- Offer to make tea or coffee for everyone in your office, then hand deliver them
- Go for a 10-20 minute walk on your lunch break
- Personally deliver notes, memos, and other messages to your colleagues desk
- Get a cordless telephone and walk around during phone conversations
- Go for a short, but intense walk after your evening meal
Remember, you don’t need to spend hours exercising to improve your fitness levels, but aim for at least 30 minutes, then gradually increase the intensity.
Studies have shown however that most walkers don’t walk frequently enough, or fast enough to gain real health benefits.
So, wherever possible walk as fast as possible, build up to longer distances, and for the maximum benefit add bursts of jogging, or use different surfaces such as grass, sand, or hills – this will help rev up your metabolism, and keep your workout interesting.
Can you add a short walk into your daily routine?