Many people ask this question, hoping to hear an answer which will please them… how much water should I drink?
Experts say, as most of us are aware, that we should be drinking 6-8 glasses of water each day.
Most people know this, but few are drinking enough water for the needs of their body.
And when it comes to losing weight, drinking water rather than soft drinks, fruit juices, and alcohol can really help you lose those extra pounds.
It can also help prevent feelings of hunger, which is often nothing more than your body crying out for more water.
Today’s challenge is to drink more water
Try to eliminate most of the liquid calories you’re getting from sweetened coffee and teas, fruit smoothies, milk, fruit juice, sodas, and other flavored beverages.
Consuming these on a daily basis can really push up your calorie intake.
5 ways you can drink more water today:
- Drink a few glasses of water before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Drink a glass of water before you allow yourself to have caffeinated drinks such as coffee or sodas.
- Replace liquid calories with iced water, hot water with lemon and ginger, or unsweetened tea.
- When you feel ‘hunger’ between meals try drinking a glass of water first, rather than automatically reaching for a snack.
- Carry a bottle of water with you at all times and remind yourself to drink from it!
How will you increase your water intake today?