“Those who say, ‘This time I will succeed!’ do succeed.”
So, when I received my copy of “The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged,” I was pleasantly surprised by the contents.
“An abundance of energy is yours for the taking if you rely on Eating Clean.”
The original Eat-Clean Diet book became pretty popular with celebs, personal trainers and everyday people alike, and Tosca herself is certainly a well-known figure, with a number of glam cover shots for Oxygen magazine.
This revised version of her book has been fully updated with nearly 100 new pages, and 50 new recipes. It includes information on extending and improving your life, staying motivated, and even getting rid of cellulite.
And, although it’s called The Eat-Clean Diet, it’s really more of a healthy lifestyle, which is a great approach.
Good points about this book?
- This is the fully updated version of the diet
- It is clear and easy to follow, with lots of colourful pictures and diagrams
- It encourages eating fresh, whole food
- It includes recipes, menu plans (including gluten free and vegan options), and grocery lists
- This is a plan for life, not a fad diet to lose pounds quickly
- It focuses on portion control, rather than counting calories
- The tips on eating out are helpful, with some worst, best and alternate choices from popular restaurants
- It encourages a sensible exercise routine
Are there any bad points?
I can’t say there’s too much wrong with this book, but if you’re into counting calories to stay on track, you may not find this book helpful.
I think overall the book will empower women to become healthier and fitter, but I don’t like Tosca’s message on breast augmentation.
While I appreciate her openness on the surgery she has received, I think including this section in the book puts too much pressure on women to achieve perfection, which according to Tosca, is really only achievable via surgery (particularly as you age).
“There are only two answers. You must either live with what you have left or enhance.”
For me this is a low point in the book, and I’m disappointed with that.
Overall however, the information in the book is pretty sound and helpful, packed full of tips and how-to’s for achieving a healthier lifestyle.
You can get your copy here:
Full disclosure:I did not receive payment for this review, but I did receive a free copy of the book.