10 Week Body Makeover: Week 2 Results

Would you believe another week has past, and I’ve now completed two weeks of my 10 week body makeover plan that I’m on.

To refresh your memory, this is a nutrition and exercise plan that Melanie and I put together to help me get into the shape I’m supposed to be at twenty-eight years of age!

The nutrition plan has been put together by Melanie, after I persuaded her to put something together that would accelerate my fat loss.

The exercise plan is based on what a) what I know from exercising in a bygone day, and b) what I’ve learned from a lot of research into more modern studies.

Various thoughts through the week

Again, I did a few videos through this week just to share my thoughts and some of the lessons I’m learning through this journey.

I don’t normally do two videos in one day, but the last one just had to be done. If you watch it you’ll understand.

Week 2 Results

So, this morning I weighed and measured myself to see what the development has been since the mammoth 9lbs lost in Week 1. Could this week be just as good?

After Week 1:

Waist: 93cm (36.6 inches)
Weight: 81.6kg (180lbs)
BMI: 26.6

After Week 2:

Waist: 89cm (35 inches)
Weight: 80.6kg (177.6lbs)
BMI: 26.2

That’s a further 4 cm off my waist, and 1 kg off my overall weight.

Further points

Again, I’m amazed at the results this week. I knew the weight wasn’t off, but I’m absolutely chuffed to bits about the 4cm off the waistline.

That makes week 2 just as successful as week 1, which I didn’t think would be the case.

Just one more thing, ff you’ve got a Youtube account, please subscribe to the dietriffic channel.

About Armen
Largely behind the scenes, Armen is the husband of the famous dietitian who runs this site. He has the responsibility of the technical side of things around here, but occasionally writes when he's allowed ;)

Suzannah February 26, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Hey Armen! Loving these videos of yours, and it’s wonderful to see all the progress you’re making under Melanie’s excellent care!

At the beginning of February I, too, finally committed to changing my lifestyle for good. After having my second child I found myself about 30 lbs overweight. Though I’ve never been thin, I’ve also never been quite this heavy.

In the past four weeks, I’ve lost 8 pounds and managed to get into some clothes I haven’t worn for a while. I hope to continue losing 1-2 pounds per week until I’ve reached a healthy BMI (and stay there, of course).

My weight-loss plan includes 45-60 minutes of cardio most days of the week, plus strength training 2-3 times per week. I eat smaller portions, bulk up on vegetables, and I’ve cut out all the ‘white stuff’ in favour of whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, and brown rice. I’ve also been keeping a food diary which helps a lot, a paying much closer attention to how I feel before, during, and after eating.

It’s awesome to follow your progress, so I look forward to future posts!

Armen February 28, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Hey Suzannah! I’m glad you’re enjoying the progress.

I’m delighted that you have got up and started doing something. That’s the hardest part. Now all you need to do is continue to make the time for yourself to do what you’re doing.

45-60 minutes of cardio is a lot. If you raised the intensity you could probably cut that time and extract the similar benefits. But, at the same time, it’s good to stick to what works for you, too.

I’ve never been one for a food diary, but it definitely works. We have very short memories when it comes to what we eat :)

Taleen February 28, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Again Armen, well done! This is wonderful – truly. I don’t know if you can see but it’s making you look more youthful. :)

By the way, the BUNS in your OTHER video…I almost fell forward on my chair, weighed over my saliva!!! I just KNOW how good them bad boys taste….

Anyhow, loving it and go you!

Armen February 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm

More youthful? Really? Either you’ve got heightened senses to see things I don’t see, or you’re just a flatterer ;)

As for the buns, how good was I to say ‘no’ to those things!!

Taleen February 28, 2011 at 5:02 pm

No, not flattering you…I thought you might think that! No, not simple flattery. My observation :)

Taleen February 28, 2011 at 1:00 pm

By the way , if this isn’t evidence of all that Melanie knows and does, what is??!? Matthew and I were discussing it yesterday – Melanie is a walking example of what she says as it is but now her husband is adding to that in a different way – through change. Something to be pretty chuffed about and proud of if you ask me!

I know I’m proud of her.

Armen February 28, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Yeah, I agree. People think it’s easy for her, but it’s only because it’s a discipline that she has made habit over the years. No matter who we are, it takes discipline. Being in good health and the correct weight doesn’t just happen.

She definitely knows what she’s doing.

Melanie February 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,
Just jumping in here to say how chuffed to bits I am with Armen’s progress so far. He has been so dedicated to sticking with the plan, and I’m proud of him… I hope it’s encouraging to everyone reading that you really can change bad habits, lose weight, get fit, whatever, if you just put your mind to it :-)